Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

U is for Utah


Forgive me for the late post for U. I have been very busy this week and you will find out why with my "W" post. We are so close to the end yet it still feels so far away. I have a feeling though that once it is done, I am going to miss it. What can I say, I enjoy pressure on me. It is one reason why I do my adventure runs, to put pressure on myself to run and stay in the best shape I can. One of these mud runs, the "Spartan Beast", will bring me to Utah at the end of June. So I thought Utah would be fitting for my "U" post.

For any who haven't read yet, one of my goals for 2013 is to complete the Trifecta for Spartan obstacle races. This means completing one race at each of the distances in one calendar year. I started the year off strong by completing the Super Spartan at the end of January. If you want, you can read my post for Super Spartan by clicking here. With the short distance coming back to Southern California in November, I was just left with finding a place to do the longest distance. Enter Utah.

Utah has always had my attention as an outdoor person. There are so many things to do, so many places to go and explore. When I saw the distance I need was going to be there, I knew that was where I was going to do it. Now it is a catch-22 because since I am going to race, I can't do too much extra activity before and I certainly won't feel like doing much the day after. So I will get to see some of Utah but this time it will likely be limited to a little bit of Salt Lake City and then whatever I see on the course. If it is anything like the Super Spartan, I will see plenty of mountains and hills. In fact, I will probably hate the mountains of Utah afterwards.

Utah has so much outdoor beauty. Summer or winter, you will find it somewhere. I am sure the Spartan Beast will change my mind about it for a little while but I know in the end I will go back and spend time truly exploring it as I desire to right now.

Have you ever been to Utah? Where did you go? What did you like? What did you see or do? If you are curious about the Spartan Races, you can click here to check out their website and read more. Also, my post for "V" is set to publish this afternoon so please check back for it. I just wanted to give U some time to get read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment