Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Adventure: A Simple Walk

As with most days down in Southern California, the sun was shining and there were hardly any clouds in the sky. It would've been yet another fun morning to get in the water to catch some waves with one problem; it was between two swells. There were not much in the way of waves to be found without going a distance north or south. That did not deter me however as I still found my way outside to wander the canals of Venice.


Now before I get any hopes up, these are in no means the grand canals of Venice, Italy. But what the canals here lack in, well, everything, they make up for in convenience (being right here) and quietness. They only spread a few square blocks. But the way they are laid out makes for a nice little walk in the morning time.


After wondering around for about an hour I eventually trekked home. I had a smile on my face. I fresh air in my lungs. It was a wonderful day to start the weekend. It reminded me that not every adventure has to be big. You can have a great time just walking around your own neighborhood. It is all about how you take everything in. Keep a positive mind. Most importantly, enjoy yourself and have fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment