Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Product Review: Teton Sports Explorer 4000 Backpack


Well later than I expected but here is my much-delayed return to the blogging world. I’m going to work my way back into it the next couple weeks then come April I will be full bore into it with the A-Z Blogging Challenge. If you want to read more about what that is, click here. It should be a fun time for all. As for today, what better way to get back into it than with a product review with one of my new goodies. I will say though that this is only my opinion. This is in no way a sponsored review of any sort.





I’ve always been one to explore and go on adventures. When it came to hiking/camping however, I never had an official backpack. I always just made the most of my little Da Kine day pack. While I love it (and still use it quite often) I knew that I needed a real pack to do some of the things I want to this year.  So I started shopping around and ended up getting the Teton Sports Explorer 4000 backpack.

The first thing I was looking for was an internal frame pack. From what I had read, this kept the weight closer to your body making it easier to balance on uneven terrain. This proved to be true when I took my back out for its first hike. I loaded it up with some weight and went on a nice hike in the hills in Malibu. I found that even with the extra weight, I still felt fairly balanced.

One thing I did not expect was the comfort of the pack. The straps both on the shoulders and around the waist as well as the lumbar padding were very comfortable and had an airflow system, which only improved the comfort by not getting too hot.

Another feature I was happy is the adjustable shoulder strap height. This allowed me to adjust the back to a height where I was comfortable. This played in nicely since I prefer my pack a little lower on the back than I see some people wearing theirs.

This Teton pack has a good amount of storage space as well as straps to hold a tent on the outside. This will be very nice come time for my Mt. Whitney trip (fingers crossed as I find out next week if I got it or not) as well as any hiking trip. I’m looking to try and go up to Big Sur sometime over the summer hopefully as well as Joshua Tree.

Finally, I drink a lot of water so a pack with a hydration set up was important. This has one that is easy to get the water blatter in and out of making its easy to use and transfer to my camel pack for whatever reason.


Overall, I have no complaints about my choice of pack. Granted I’ve only used it twice but I feel that says something in a way if the comfort was never an issue, even to start. I’m looking forward to really testing out this pack in the coming months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment