Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Good Mornings

Waikoko's, Kauai


I have always been an early riser. I feel like part had to do with the fact that we had a pretty strict bedtime growing up so we constantly got 8 hours, if not more, of sleep most nights. Being so rested, it was never a problem when it came time to get up. Add in waking up around 6 for school during the week and sports during the weekends, it is little wonder why I can wake up early now. However, I also have a different theory.

I love the ocean. The power, the beauty, everything about it. I also love nothing more than surfing. Any person who does surf will agree that the best time is often early in the morning. There is usually no wind so the water is like glass. The crowd is, usually, at a minimum since it's early (although if the waves are good enough, it will be crowded before the sun even comes up). Since I never had trouble getting up, I used to love going surfing in the morning before school; likewise, I still enjoy a morning session before work nowadays. And while I am a morning person, even I need an alarm to get up that early. Hearing an alarm brings back these memories. Ask anyone who surfs and they will all say the same thing, you can never be in a bad mood afterward you are done. This is where my positive morning attitude comes from. So, while the early bird gets the worm, the early bird will also get the best waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment