Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

F is for Fantasy


Today we're taking a detour. While we're still talking about adventures, we're going to go with a semi fiction route. One thing that I can constantly day dream about, is the past. I have always wondered what things were like. This is partially spurred on by the re-release of the movie "Jurassic Park". Today, F is for Fantasy. In this fantasy, would time travel back to the era of the dinosaurs.

My intrigue started when I was really young, probably after one of the first times I watched Jurassic Park. I remember being fascinated by the dinosaurs in the movie. At that point I wanted to become a paleontologist. I remember going out in to the yard and seeing a bird footprint in the mud. I instantly thought it was a dinosaur foot.

Turns out it wasn't. I also found out that the premise of "Jurassic Park" was false. That did not stop my dreaming. That is why if I could go anywhere in the past, I would want to see a live dinosaur.

If you could go anywhere into the past, where would you go? What would you want to see? 

7 comments:

  1. i read a really interesting fact about how the time on earth between when a t-rex and stegasarous lived is the same amount of time from when a t-rex lived and now...really fascinating just how long the dinosaurs lived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is quite amazing when you think about it like that. Even more so when you consider that humans have been here about .01 % of that time. We really are nothing more thank the blink of an eye in terms of the history of the world.

      Delete
  2. I'd want to go to the Wild West. I'm fascinated with the frontier days. I'd love to see the area I live in before it was covered in houses and businesses. Just the rough-shod wilderness, severe and beautiful.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wild west would be a great time to explore. To see any big city before it is the way it is today would be quite remarkable.

      Delete
  3. I love this Elliot! So many interesting times and places to go to! I never truly appreciated Civil War history until moving South where there are museums everywhere!...I wouldn't mind and up close and personal view of our country being formed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had quite an imagination! I love thinking about living in different time periods!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can think of lots of times in history that I would love to observe, but none that I would want to live there for.

    Returning visit from A to Z Challenge. It's my first year participating.

    Brett Minor
    Transformed Nonconformist

    ReplyDelete