Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

As the sun was rising this morning in the cloudless sky, I stared out into the ocean. I was sitting on my board looking for the next wave. There was just a breath of wind and the water was glassy. The swell had come in overnight to make the waves a perfect height. The sea birds we awaking looking for their morning meal. A pod of dolphins swam just outside the break. It was a wonderful way to start the day.

Being born and raised in Hawaii, I have a love for the all things ocean. From sailing to fishing to swimming, I love it all. However, my favorite is surfing. Nothing makes me as happy as getting into the water to surf. And if it's a good day, it is that much better.

This morning was a great day. The obvious is to be thankful for your family and friends and health. But everyone should also be thankful for the little things in their life as well. Today I am thankful for the ocean. I am thankful where I happen to live. I am thankful for the adventures I have and the experiences I have gained. I only hope that they can continue. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I took these after I was done:



No comments:

Post a Comment